Sunday, October 03, 2004

Forget the Play, Concentrate on the Floral Arrangements!

So Friday, we saw The Last Five Years at Studio Theatre downtown. I'm glad I got to see it staged, finally. Saturday, I saw Baby at Bay Street, and there were definitely some skills on display - Elizabeth and Ashley were perfect, and Mariah and Ashley had better chemistry than anyone could ever hope to see on a community theatre stage. Shawn had to bail due to concussion, poor baby, but Brandon was able to go after all, so it was good to see him and experience the show together. Elizabeth was nice enough to invite me to her house for her after-party, and it was a blast, as Elizabeth's parties always are, complete with buffet, full bar and pina coladas, and hot tubbing.

Michael gave me a copy of the Noises Off DVD and we just watched it - what fun that show was. Josh was nuttier on stage than I'd even imagined, Stephanie was adorable and wins the flawless accent award, and Elizabeth killed with charm. And it was the performance that Luerne and Glen had both attended, so I can hear them laughing in the background, making it even more fun to watch.

Today's the first day of La Mancha auditions. Here goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Thanks for the email. I wish I could have gone to see Baby...I have been wanting to see that for about a year now. It was one of the shows I picked when I was giving Lu Lu my dream season list. It looked awesome. Oh and just FYI..I was at Noises Off that day with Lu Lu...you don't know my laugh...but it's in there I'm sure. Talk to you later. Hope auditions went well.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home