Friday, October 01, 2004

Thank You, Angel-Wearing-Jeans!

I'm very tired, but I finally get to see The Last Five Years tonight and I'm excited about that. As is always the case, I still have no idea if I'm going alone or with 17 people, but it will all fall together by 8:00.

So J pops in a CD last night of some filler that he came up with for the band's next disc, and me being the not-too-into-filler person that I am (the music he writes is brilliant, but anything remotely unusual like ambient sound often doesn't resonate with me the way the band probably intends for it to), this is the exchange that happened:

A: I'm sure it's brilliant, but I don't really get it. It's kind of just weird noise to me.
J: What? But I wrote it!
A: It's three notes.
J: Four!

And we had a good laugh over that. Still, I'm really excited about that CD. Once Mike & Tracey's wedding is done with (oh my gosh, eight days!!) then the guys hopefully will start with the vocals and tying up the loose ends on the CD, so it will perhaps be complete in time for holiday giving.

You know what's fun - I just thought of this. Watching people play Euchre. That game is way bizarre to watch, but with a few glasses of wine and some chinese takeout, and the right company, Euchre tournaments can really take off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home