Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sex, Sandwiches, and Stevie Ray Vaughn

Today I'm happy because I (kind of) started a new book and I think I'm going to LOVE it. My friend Jen M. sent me an email with excerpts of it included, and it looked right up my alley. I recommend it already: Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. I love the dust jacket: "I have not survived against all odds. I have not lived to tell. I have not witnessed the extraordinary. This is my story."

Next: okay, I'm gonna say this. Britney, you know, I don't think I CAN handle your truth. Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure I can't.

Seriously, did anyone else manage to catch Chaotic - Britney and Kevin's Story? Sweet Jesus. It's like a hideous car accident. You get frustrated and angry at anyone who slows down to look, but when you actually get to it, you can't bring yourself to not look, slow down, maybe even pull over to assess the damage. I was so horrified, and yet I couldn't turn it off. I kept waiting for the big reveal, the "Here's what's so great about this guy," but I got nothin'. And I know WAY too much about Britney's vagina and its activities now. It's a step down from airing the Paris Hilton tape on network television - and all I could think about while she was giggling about how happy she was and how many times they'd had sex that day (ew) was that he had a pregnant woman back in the States wondering where he'd run off to. Ew. Just, just...ew. Glad they're happy, I guess...but I wish I could bring myself to not watch this drivel. I have no self-control.

Enough about that, let's get back to me...I continue to be tormented about my birthday plans, which, with ten days to go, I still cannot decipher for the life of me. I believe he may actually pull off this surprise. It's been a long time (ever?) since someone's managed to pull one over on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home