Saturday, May 28, 2005

Cloud On My Tongue

Bet you're dying to know what my birthday surprise was, huh? Well, I had to wait, and now you do too.

First came the bonfire party thingie on Friday night after the (awesome!) show. (Warning: this post contains a heap of pictures.)

Flames

Now that's a nice fire.

Birthday Rock

Yeah, it's my birthday - rock.

Amber Alyson Britt

Amber and Britteny, and me crashed on the couch. Nothing like a big ol' couch parked under the stars next to a giant fire. I love the country.

Nathan Amber Alyson Britt

Add Nathan - we're all so happy!

Amber Travis Britt

Subtract Nathan and me, add Travis - what a bunch of freaks. Yeah, and I love them tons!

After camping out under the stars in a tent, we woke up in the morning and took in a light (bwah) breakfast. Travis positively vibrated with anxiety all the way through breakfast, and then...it was time.

Plane

I flew this plane! No, not really...this was just the plane that got me...

HG1

...up here! See that little dot? That's me! In a hang-glider! Freaking SWEET!! The plane towed us up to 2500 feet and we glided down...about fifteen minutes of pure joy and quiet and wheee!!! It was a tandem flight, just me and the instructor, and we actually got high enough to soar through a cloud. I've been INSIDE A CLOUD!

HG2

It was so amazing, seriously - the only way it could have been any better is if Travis had gone too - but now we'll just have to go back! AWESOME!

HG3

Coming in for a landing...

Extrication

Gracefully (bwah) extricating myself from the harness while my instructor, Awesome Bob (not kidding, that's how he introduced himself), looks amused.

Awesome Bob

Awesome Bob - he did allow us to call him Bob for short. But he is, indeed, awesome.

We met up with Britteny and Amber for lunch at Joe's Crab Shack, where my adrenaline and excitement didn't really afford me much room for food, although I did mooch off of Travis...

Britt Goob

I love that I have a friend who's so hot she can't even look bad when she's trying to look bad.

What the...?

You may wonder what they're looking at with such a mixture of consternation and disgust...

What?

Yeah. Isn't he cute? No one can eat crab claws neatly, though.

See Food

A little wicked, and a lot proud of himself, as he should be - he pulled it off and made this quite possibly the best freaking birthday ever. I had a FANTASTIC birthday, and I was completely surprised. And it's not even over yet - off to my show and then a little party. And Trav's momma made me a cake, and I'm going to devour that. I love this day!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping I would run into you to tell you in person but spent the day fringing! Happy Birthday, Alyson!

1:02 AM  
Blogger GreenLitLindy said...

Alyson Wiley!

That's like the most well planned and original Birthday, like...uh...ever!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your special day!

Birthday Wishes from College Park,

J

8:05 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

That sounds incredible! Happy (belated) birthday!!!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! I'm glad you had a good day... I will see you soon.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home