The Gimme Gimmes
It's Carmen's birthday, and her husband sent flowers AGAIN. That's three weeks running...no, FOUR...that he's sent long-stemmed red roses. I can't help but be suspicious. And a little envious. I do kind of wish he'd change things up a bit...red roses get a little blah.

It's peony season - you can never find them at florists though. I really would love to buy myself a big bowl of peonies, but no luck. They're just so amazing - so mysterious and romantic, how tightly bunched the petals are, how round and soft-looking. Maybe I can find some daffodils, or irises, or tulips, or gerber daisies - just something brightly coloured and happy for the living room to celebrate spring.
Having settled comfortably into Travis' abandoned sunglasses (shhhh...he doesn't think they're abandoned yet), I'm really jonesing a new pair. My oversized barely tinted sunglasses are fabulous but not terribly practical, and both of the nosepads got knocked off and now they're horribly uncomfortable to boot. I want these instead.

Two Happies for today:
The "Skinny Girl" at work gave me two skirts she can't fit into anymore. After silently laughing myself silly that anything that couldn't fit her would have any hope of climbing my big ass, I tried them on - and they fit! It's all about perception, I guess, and my perception will always be a little off.
Jen made a photocopy of a chapter of a book she's been reading because she thought it really applied to me. Having skimmed it, I can tell her she's right. (Here's a hint - the chapter title is "Escape to Freedom".) Besides the joy of receiving mail that's not a magazine, bill, or credit card offer, it's just plain thoughtful.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home