If You Could Just Eat That A Little Slower...I'm Almost There
I am a very good girl. I managed to sit quietly and cover my face (so as not to ruin appetites) while I "had lunch" (read: sat and watched Travis eat) in Clermont today. It wasn't the original plan, but the conversation is always so pleasant with certain people that I'm inclined to sacrifice in order to spend more time with them. It was hard enough giving Jessi back to Port St. Lucie yesterday - I would have loved more time, but I was starting to feel like I was monopolizing her needlessly, and she was aggravated at my insistence at remaining independent. I love her - nothing would have made her happier than lashing me to the bed and forcing me to rest while she blended up smoothies all day, but she resisted and let me wear myself out in the name of gaining strength. It worked - my little venture out of the house today was successful - even if I did forget to pick up half the stuff on my grocery listie. Why do I even BOTHER making a list if I'm going to skip everything on it?
I never thought I'd see the day when a meatball sub looked tasty, but every time the waitress walked by with one at whatever little place we went to today, I died a little inside. Sometimes I think about going back to meat, but then I just can't really imagine myself doing it.
The greatest thing about this is that I can become a god-awful pig and no one can really blame me. If I wanted to sit down with a tub of frosting and a spoon in the name of not losing too much weight, it's practically considered reasonable. This is nearly fantastic - and believe me, I tried it...but my conscience and my stomach both retched at the thought of eating frosting out of a can, so I gave up.
I really really want to see The Jacket. Some time this week, I am planning on making that happen. I also HAVE TO see Todd's show at the Rep and LuLu's show at the ... wherever (I have the email, I'll figure it out) and Eric and Tracy's show at Icehouse. Hurray for opportunities to see stuff I'm not in!!
Also a little antsy to get back to work. Maybe a half-day on Wednesday, at least? I still sound like my mouth is stuffed with gumballs, so I can't handle phones, but since that's about four percent of my job, that shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm starting to get settled in staying at home and killing time, which means it's time to get back to work.
Posts about Sungay Brunch always make me long to be a part of that magic. Now I'm getting twice the posts and twice the longing.
This entire post is pretense. My point here really is really just to say that the very idea of a visit from two long-lost(ish) pals, a certain talented Stetson vixen and charming cocker-spaniel-loving artistic guru, gives me chills of joy. Just putting that out there....so you know....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home