Refreshing Like What? Are You Saying I'm Like Sierra Mist?
Even though I'm exhausted and sore this morning, yesterday was AWESOME!
First of all, JESSI'S HERE!! She got into town in time to take me to my doctor's appointment - the surgeon is very pleased with himself and his work and thinks I'm going to heal really well. He also hung his projection sketches up over the x-rays he took yesterday, and said, "Here, come look at what a good doctor I am," and sure enough it was dead-on. I got to see some of the stuff she's working on for her Master's work - she's about to be published!! - and chat a bit (but I'm not very chatty yet.)
In the evening, Travis dropped by with the DVD of The Last Samurai and Kevin and Stephanie dropped in (Stephanie brought goodies - Bumble & bumble hair powder so I don't have to wash my hair every day, since it's not actually that good for your hair, and Skinceuticals Lip Repair, because my lips are horribly chapped after the surgery.) We watched the movie (sort of), but Travis and Kevin kept cracking me up and my jaws are a little tight from laughing. My favourite moment:
Dude in movie: "Fire at will!"
Kevin, frantically: "Which one's Will!?"
Thank you again for your continued phone calls and visits and things - very uplifting.
Here are the things I cannot stop thinking about right now:
1. Pizza (I forgot to eat pizza before the surgery, so that is the food that will haunt me for the next five weeks)
2. Wendy's Frosty
3. Mashed potatoes and gravy (forgot to get mashed potatoes, so since it's the one food I don't have on hand, of course it's the one food I want)
4. Cheese grits from The Briar Patch in Winter Park (I realized last night that I don't have to totally give up breakfasts there - I can still have the best part.)


1 Comments:
Oooh, I've been wanting to try Bumble & Bumble hair powder b/c I overwash my hair... have you tried it yet? How is it? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home