Saturday, February 12, 2005

But I Need You To Foster My Growth And Development As A Dirty Redneck!

I say some of the weirdest crap when it starts to get late.

Tonight's show rocked the house, or at least more so than Fridays usually do...I'm slowly working with this new technique described in a book Mom gave me for Christmas - it's all about finding the objectives and obstacles and tools and whatnot in a scene...keeps my mind occupied between scenes, that's for damn sure, trying to remember the 12 steps of empowering myself as an actor without forgetting my lines.

So according to Shawn at 3:00, he had to work from 5:00 to 10:00 - which turned out to have been a big fat lie, since he was sitting in the front row tonight. Realized that a few seconds into the missive scene, when I saw him sitting there and could not hide my smile. AND he brought flowers, which is always special - but you get extra points for bringing flowers around Valentine's Day, when the Corporate Whores have jacked up the prices.

And the rest of our run is pretty much sold out. Sorry if you didn't get your tickets, but I will have a DVD you can borrow.

There were some good random lines today:

Eric: "Wha...did you just call me a fruit cup?" (No, but I will from now on.)

(Michael) Crowley: "Are your breasts okay?" (The Abduction was off the HOOK tonight.)

And then there was a moment at Chili's of hilarious awkwardness. Always value comedy above all else, so this has to qualify as a funny. Shawn and I were sitting and chatting after dinner, and some of the gang from the show (Crowley, Andrew, Felicia, and Ahmed) came and crashed the table to join the chat. And see, Crowley once completely shut down a story Travis was telling to announce to him, "I really like your eyes." So ever since that, Travis has been a little wary of Crowley. (I think he's just one of those lovely people who provide compliments when they feel due, which can be awkward if it's a person of the same sex, or whom you don't know well, or if the timing is unusual; this can then lead to wary feelings, since we don't really ever know what to do with someone who provides unprovoked kind words.) Anyway, it's become something of a gag, and tonight Crowley was feeling particularly chatty, so I decided to goof with him a little, and he TOTALLY turned it around on me. Score one for Crowley.

Alyson: Hey, Michael, I really like your eyes.
Crowley: Me? Thanks. Hey, I really like your boyfriend's eyes too.
Alyson: What? My...huh...no, no, no, no, that's not...I mean...no, see, what that is...is...
Crowley: No, I'm not trying to move in...
Alyson: WHAT? No, move in, go for it, nothing stopping you...well, I mean other than that I don't think that would go particularly well...but...no, just friends...see...I'm sure one might think...
Andrew: Yep, see there...Hey, Felicia, you owe me five bucks.
Shawn: Awwwww, you guys make a really attractive couple.
Alyson: Shut it, Shawn.

Ahh, the complications of theatre and friendship and singledom.

And why is it that when I'm late, everyone turns to Eric like he's supposed to know where I am at all times? And then when he's late, people look expectantly at me when I arrive like I might be carrying him in my pocket? When did we become attached at the hip? Ah, well, there are worse people with whom I could be associated so strongly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home