No - I'm Going to Throw Up
I got a call at 10:40 - can we move the interview to 4:15? We're having to shift some things because of meetings. Why sure - not a problem at all! (Except my hands are clammy and I'm nervous and I already have two pages of notes on why I'll rock this position - I guess I can use the time to memorize better.) And I have time to focus on what I have to do today, which is....
Wait, I don't really have anything to do. Maybe I'll just go update software on people's computers. That's always fun.
You know, yesterday's interview was scheduled for 4:15 too. I think perhaps they're determining whether I'm willing to stay late multiple days in a row. (Yes. Where do I sign?)
Or perhaps they just want me to go last so they can hire me on the spot?
Now I'm getting cocky.
BLEH! I hate auditions, and I hate interviews. It's the same, that I'm-going-to-throw-up-I'm-going-to-bomb-they're-going-to-hate-me-they-can't-figure-out-why-they-hired-me-in-the-first-place-how-did-I-get-this-far-anyway feeling. But I'm going to go in there and hit it like I'm on The Apprentice.
"Mr. Trump, you NEED me as your Training Coordinator/Data Quality Analyst!" Okay, so that would be a pretty dull season of The Apprentice. But that's my life, and my life needs more money, more busy-ness, and rapid upward movement. At least until New York calls and makes me a star.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home