Moments Later...
I went back and read a few old posts of some recent good fortune, and Josh's entry for today, and suddenly felt silly for all that whiny self-indulgence you see below. Not feeling bad enough to take it down, mind you, because it is very much the way I feel right now, but bad enough to mention that everything's probably not so bad as I'm trying to make it. I've been dealt (or dealt myself) a few devastating blows, but...
For everything I don't have in my life that I may need, I do have this: I have someone to call. Besides Jason, who I know will always be there, and besides the person who will stand by me to make sure I'm going to be okay even knowing there's a chance I could run him down with my car if he walks away (and why on earth would I ever throw that relationship away?) - I have friends, and so I have support. I'll never be able to run away, because you won't let me. And Eric, I just love you, and thank you.
Given some time to consider, I think my happy is also that chocolate truffle. See, there was this truffle, and it had to be fought for, and it was for me...and it was good. Good enough to be a happy.
Say what I want, it's 2:00 a.m. and I'm not sleeping yet, nor do I plan to any time soon. Something is W-R-O-N-G, wrong. I'm about to lose more weight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home