Monday, November 29, 2004

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad


Friday and Saturday nights rocked my face! Sunday night rocked someone's face, maybe, but it sure as hell wasn't mine.

I'm getting bored with how chronological and sort of "Facts of Life" this blog is getting - I'll make an effort to be more frenetic.

After wrapping up my horrifyingly long day at work Friday, we went to J's show in Jacksonville. That is a long drive at 6:30, but Travis managed to keep me entertained on the way there. However, at 2:30 a.m., after inexplicably winding up out at Jax Beaches and jabbering for a few hours, it is an EXCRUCIATINGLY long drive, especially when your road trip buddy crashes out three minutes into the drive. The boys had a great show, though, so I can't really complain, and Travis really enjoyed the show and the trip...enough to cancel his plans on Saturday to make it out for that show too, which was good because...

...the show at the Social on Saturday was AWESOME!! I love when they play there, and they really pushed for a great show. Britteny and Sarah came too, and Britteny and I went into goofball mode, dancing around and just generally having a grand old time. Michael got itchy on stage and wandered into the audience for the last song, their old single, and had people, including me, sing along into the microphone, which probably would have been more fun if I hadn't kept getting hit in the face with the stupid thing. We headed down to The Club at Firestone to see Sarah's friend and younger brother dance in a show there...it would be weird to see your little brother in the sort of show that .... well, anyway, that was pretty fun too. Watching Travis carefully position himself with his back to the wall the whole time was worth the price of admission.

In other news, I spent waaaay too much money at the new Millenia MAC store Saturday and met a little bundle of fabulousness named Roger working there, who I now just adore. J and I decided to go for the ipods, and found that they're cheaper on Amazon, so we avoided the mass hysteria of the Apple store at Millenia (though I did go in to play with an ipod and ibook, which I found out I can get through UCF for about $200 less than retail, so I may be doing that). I showed up at 2:00 on Sunday for Radio Hour, which didn't actually start until 7:30, so I spent some time helping Cy and Kate get props together, clean up the stage, etc. As for that show...well, Josh covers it pretty well, so I won't waste a whole lot of time on that one. But I do get to hang with Larry, Ashley, Elizabeth, Josh, and other various cool people who will perhaps eventually be more familiar. And there was a chocolate milkshake in it for me. I'll be running spotlight, which is a good position to be in because it means people have to be nice to me. I'm so not the sort of person who would worry about the integrity of the show - piss me off and you don't get your light. Whee!!

I started watching Angels in America and made it through the first three hours pretty much without breathing. (Amazing amazing amazing, watch it now!!) I'm so dying to see the rest of it, and would rush home to watch it immediately if I wasn't stuck in the Seventh Circle for the rest of the week. Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home