My Rhino Liner Needs A Little Attention
Ah, the glory of a half-day of work. I came home, ate some cold pasta, stared at the ceiling for a while, took a two-hour nap...all those things you just have to do when you know that all those other poor schlubs are still at their computers praying for the clock to decide to run double-time.
I have to recommend La Mala Educacion (Bad Education) to anyone who enjoys Pedro Almodovar's work, or just likes movies about really messed up people and/or gay sex (male). As par for the course with Almodovar, I was a little shocked here and there (me, shocked...), but still found it such a great piece of film. And I can't help but be a little bit in love with Gael Garcia Bernal, even though he can't be much taller than 4'10". And what a pretty lady he makes...I like my men butch, but with a little hint of prettiness, like a masculine guy who would probably make a pretty good drag if he ever got drunk enough to give it a whirl.
We had dinner tonight at Salvatore's (whose tagline is "I Know, Can You Believe We Get Away With Charging This Much In Freaking Clermont?!") and CHRIST the food was unbelievable. And raspberry creme brulee for dessert. And the waitress brought me two kinds of tea - Earl Grey and French Vanilla. It's like she'd known me all my life. (Better still was Travis exclaiming, "You brought her two favourite teas!" Don't you love that proof that men do pay attention occasionally?) We got out of there just in time to avoid an apparent Hummer Club meeting. I guess the word "gourmet" on the sign translates to "Pretentious Gas-Guzzling Whores Welcome." Sorry....I just hate those stupid vehicles....they're fine in Iraq, but in Florida? Come on.
Oops...tangent.
Despite the fact that Eric, Cindy, Tracy, Joel, and ... um ... Joel's fiancee (I didn't get introduced, cannot for the life of me recall her name) attended the show tonight, it still wasn't one of our best...little off our game...must have been the fact that the audience appeared to fall asleep during the first number and not wake up until curtain call.
Did I mention that Jack Petro (Village's Daily Sun's theatre expert, bwah) stated that I work "surprisingly well" with Nick in this show? Honestly, as much as I appreciate the attempt - and he's always had at least halfway nice things to say about me and never come right out and put me down - I have to admit, it sure reads like "Wow, she doesn't suck all over the stage like a Hoover in this one like I was expecting." It was thrilling, however, that he had to be told after the show that Billy and I were Sancho and Aldonza from Man of La Mancha. He hadn't recognized us at ALL. I mean, that has to say something about me as an actor, right? Hang on, let me get another coat of wax on this car.....


1 Comments:
Gael Garcia Bernal is HOT. And he just finished performing in me... er, my theatre, that is... in a new adaptation of "Blood Wedding" in London. One critic cited that the show was mezza-mezz, he was good, but the fact that he was a full head shorter than his leading lady was more than a little distracting.
I agree Bad Education was a GREAT FILM. It's the type of film Hitchcock would make if he were still alive. And Spanish. And gay.
I have the Tonys on FreeVo if you want me to knock you off a tape.
Post a Comment
<< Home