Thursday, June 09, 2005

I Got Your Bad Attitude Right Here

This post could so easily turn into a giant bitch-fest about things that are not remotely earth-shattering, but I'm going to restrain myself as best as possible.

I drove out to Groveland last night to look at properties - no luck yet. Travis helped by yelling at me to stop at certain places that may or may not have been for sale so he could run up to the front door and ask them how much they'd sell the place for. I do so enjoy him, truly.

Oh, and Jeff: If you woke up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down your face last night, I can tell you why. I heard a few anecdotes that would have left you traumatized for life...

Okay, let's just break it down this way:

Things That Are Good
**Cracker Barrel's biscuits and dumplings (regardless of the cruddy circumstances that land you at Cracker Barrel, the biscuits make everything better)
**Being a teddy bear replacement
**Driving down dirt roads in a hybrid
**Sleeping with the dog out of her crate (largely due to guilt)
**One last weekend of this run (I'm so desperately going to miss my friends, though...)
**Having a goofy nickname dubbed by Tim. (Okay, real quick - he walked into the living room with a Fudgsicle the other night, and I got excited - what, I like Fudgsicles, okay? - and yelled out "Puddin' pop!" I was eating a banana, so he turned and, maybe a bit puzzled, yelled back "Nanner head!" So now I'm Nanner Head...I've been called worse.)
**To that end - it's nice to be accepted. Now the Shepherds don't even react when my car pulls into the drive. Trip kind of gave me a disinterested glance as I walked by him to the front door, but that was it. Tory couldn't even be bothered to roll over and acknowledge me.

Things That Are Not So Good
**Wal-Mart. (Yes, I had to break my boycott yesterday because it was entirely too late for any other place bearing cat food to be open. I won't rant, but my experience was bad enough to keep me away from the place for at least two more years.)
**Oversleeping by a LOT (Alyson needs to learn discipline, either at night or in the morning, or both.)
**Feeling a wee bit exhausted
**Yet another freaking photo call. For the past two weekends (three? seventeen? I've been doing this show, what, nine years now?!), we've had a photo or video call after or before every show, and even though I'm in three (count 'em, three) scenes, I've had five photo/video calls. How does this happen? Now, Friday and Saturday we have two MORE photo calls. This is NOT the fault of our blessed angel of a producer, Lynne, but it falls on her to announce these things. So I'm irritated about having to be there all the freaking time, and I'm irritated that she has to hear all the griping.

(I will NEVER IN MY LIFE do another show with double-cast children. It's fantastic for the kids, don't get me wrong, and I think it's nice that they included so many...but it's hell on the adults!)

Things That Are Kind Of Indeterminate
**One of the ladies here at work being gone and not coming back. No more information than that - pretty sure she got let go, which totally sucks for her.

Things That Would Be Good If They Would Only Happen
**Being cast in Blood Brothers with Travis, Jeff, and Rick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Exactly how does one get let go of a government job?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home