Welcome To The Monkeyhouse
Okay, I'm pretty sure there was a party last night - I slept through most of it. But what I didn't sleep through was a LOT of fun. And there was the added super-adventure bonus of driving the giant stick shift F150 to Tampa - I can still drive a stick, and I LOVE driving a truck - makes me feel tough.
There was a pause at Tia's for dinner, where we played the Bad Couple game again - always fun. (Waiters all over the state despise us.) After clearing up the "where to party" debacle, we settled into the room and hung up our clothing (later to be used as handtowels by bleary-eyed drunks.)

We commenced our party warm-up exercises:

And made sure Britt was properly prepared for all the abuse she would be taking that evening:

Britteny, aka "CandyPants", received one of the more innovative gifts I've seen recently...a candy thong. All I can think about is how horrifyingly uncomfortable this thing would be on a long car trip.

Of course all anyone else could think about was their lost childhood and those candy necklaces we used to love as kids...but I'm leaving those photos out in case any of us ever want to run for public office. But I can't resist this one.

Britt and Travis had a few laughs...

But Travis got tired and took to his perch for a nap. (Most of you didn't know this, but he's part pterodactyl.)

The three of us headed off to la-la land, but not before the steady parade of party guests made their way in and out of the bedroom about 27 times, leaving the door to the party room wide open each time, prompting Travis to get up and shut the door 26 times, until finally Britt and I both burst into screams of laughter and jumped on the beds for a little while. Yep, we're just oversized children, really.
And of course, we ended the stay in the morning with the obligatory group self-photo.

I would also like to note that I was the first person EVER to thwart a card trick Eric has been doing for years. He was devastated, but I felt like a terribly clever girl.
After loading up some of Britteny's stuff in the truck, we headed back into town, where we took in a lovely cocktail of Tabasco Tea at Cracker Barrel. (Travis' friend Kim works there and stopped by, politely refilling our drinks...clever girl. Bet she didn't expect that the payback for Tabasco-flavored sweet tea is gum on the underside of a car door handle and ... eh, I just don't feel right publishing what else we did to her car, but trust me when I tell you it was pretty splendid.)
And now I will spend my Saturday evening with my date - the couch and some pasta. I can think of few things I'm more in love with right now than the idea of clearing my brain of everything, relaxing, and letting TiVo lull me into a fog of indifference and complacence.
Another good day. Happy birthday, Britt - thanks for the party!


1 Comments:
ok, I give - what's the battered spouse game???
Post a Comment
<< Home