Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm Being Filmed, I Know I Am Being Filmed

If I were important enough, I would believe that there was a good chance that at the precise moment I toss my script on the table and give up, Ashton Kutcher would leap out from behind the curtain and laugh at me.

Here's my question - why am I the ONLY ONE not getting the "don't come to rehearsal" memos? The emails say "Entire Cast", and I get there but there's no Billy, no Sarah, no Nick...what the hell is going ON here? And who the hell is in charge? I've worked with Cathy - she didn't pull this crap. So not her. Britteny knows what she's choreographing and therefore who should be at rehearsal - so not her. Lynne is the most organized person in that theatre (and yet still not "qualified," by whatever bizarre standards, to direct a show), so definitely not her. That leaves Tim. Yeah.

Not that I don't simply ADORE the 45 minute drive (one way) to the theatre. And I do love seeing my friends, but since, once again, they are getting the memos, I'm not actually seeing them, which translates into this being absolutely zero fun. And I'm doing unpaid theatre because it's fun. So I'm going to go to one more rehearsal for which I'm not actually needed.

And now, to lighten the mood: an anecdote that gives me joy, from Saturday night.

There was this woman who approached me after my song and chatted with me for a bit. She asked me if I was still in school and I explained that I had graduated a while back and worked for the Court, blah blah - turns out she thought I was maybe 17 or 18. (I assume it's the braces.) Still - 17 or 18, that's damned great. Meanwhile, Travis, who used to hear that he looked 17 or 18, has recently been getting estimates closer to 27, 28.

Don't tell him, but the real reason I spend so much time with him is because I'm sucking all the youth out of him and keeping it for myself. Muwahahaha.

I've been encountering a strange phenomenon at my College Park Starbucks...I am no longer receiving freebies. Ever. Even when I'm the only person there. I'm beginning to suspect that I'm being undermined...Mr. Lindberg, would you know anything about that? ;-)

Hey, anyone want to dogsit for an absolutely adorable, precious, well-behaved little MinPin this Friday night? She's so grown up, I forget that I can't just wander out of town for a few days and leave her alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenLitLindy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:58 PM  
Blogger GreenLitLindy said...

Sorry...grammatical error.

Eck-hmm..."Take 2!"

All I'm saying is that the boy's are mine. All mine!

Okay...they're mine and Sarah French's.

Okay, really they are uh...Sarah French's and sometimes that translates into free coffee for me.

But in reality...it's all in the game.

Afterall...we can't all be as succesful at freebies as John Martz. Right?

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home