Avenue Q, Unabridged?
The Tonys! I couldn't have hoped for much more - Idina Menzel won for Wicked (but what was with that breathing technique?) Hugh won for Boy from Oz (carries that show on his shoulders, make no mistake). Avenue Q took over - who was expecting that? Hurray! We were lucky to get to see three big winners from this season - Assassins, Avenue Q, and Boy from Oz. It's not fair that one woman gets to play one of my dream roles, win a Tony for it, AND be married to Taye Diggs. Not thrilled about Michael Cerveris' win - he wasn't the one who blew me away, and I still think the Proprietor was the strongest player in the show. How 'bout the Fiddler dancers? Wow!
When Avenue Q won for Best Book, Jason exclaimed, "I didn't know it was a book first!" We had a good laugh over that. Hey, I don't know anything about the album recording process either, so we learn from each other.
Luerne called yesterday, after a sudden realization, to remind me I used to fence. I had almost forgotten myself. Good times. (And will serve as a good bit of resume padding, too!)
A few minor technical difficulties notwithstanding, the first weekend went off pretty well, I think. Please come see the show - it deserves an audience!


1 Comments:
Hey kid -- please send an email out with exact dates/times of the show -- I'm definitely making it out there! --Luerne.
Post a Comment
<< Home