Word of the Day: Perro de Lanas
Woot and congratulations to all the folks nominated for Dolly Awards at Bay Street - the nominations should be posted on the website soon. Highlights include Steph's 37 nominations for Picasso at the Lapin Agile (and Noises Off, too!), The Dogette Trio's nom for Whorehouse, and of course, me! (For Whorehouse.) Pick your winners, start an office pool - which would be fun if you worked someplace where anyone had been to the shows, which I do not.
And, as always, life slows to a grinding halt while I wait for a new project. I've done nothing but relax - went out to dinner with Jason, watched some TV, bought some CDs. Here's a combination for you: Missy Elliott, Johnny Cash, and Funny Girl - all at once.
Jason's band is coming along on the recording - this past weekend he got five guitar tracks down, though they've decided to go back and rework half of them, as usually happens. It's sounding really outstanding, though, and I'm dying to have them finish it up already. They will be playing a show, finally, at BackBooth in downtown Orlando on August 20. Fear not - there will be reminder emails before that time.
Mom called Monday, sounding a little choked up, from outside the barn on their new property in Hendersonville, North Carolina. I don't think I'll forget anytime soon they way it sounded when she told me she was looking out over the mountains and said "I've worked my whole life for this." I can't wait to see it!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home