Therapy, Golden-Girls Style
I ate two slices of cheesecake last night, and way too many cream puffs. (Thank you, Scholls!) I have sugar hangover.
I honoured Reagan's memory by sleeping until 2:00. He would have wanted it that way.
Meanwhile, the review came out and it was pretty good! Surprising for Petro, but he liked the show, and all the actors in it. I make "a good impression." I guess that's good, huh? We drove clear out to Fruitland Park (think Ocala) to dig up two copies of the paper before Michael and Elizabeth's party, which was fun, but I got there about two hours late because of my fixation with seeing the review.
Tribute Alert! I feel like I have to mention this now - Michael, Head Nerd of the group, knows way too much of the number pi. I give up at 3.14, but he's got it down to about 50 digits. Maybe he'll leave it for posterity in the form of a comment. I found some scary links when googling "pi".
Scary Pi Links
A Pi Song
Your Name in Pi (Calculate an e-shaped pi!)
Pi Trivia Game
Thank goodness for all those happies yesterday, huh? Mom sent me a funny little bit, and while I don't normally care for forwards, this was a good one. Here's a few snippets:
WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough. Lynnette, age 8
On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date. Martin, age 10
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns. Craig, age 9 (I did that once.)
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
When they're rich. Pam, age 7 (I think Pam's going to do alright.)
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck. Ricky, age 10 (Good boy, Ricky!!)


1 Comments:
Hey -- I'm coming to see Picasso on Sunday! --L.
Post a Comment
<< Home